Thursday, August 5, 2010

PNY VCG96512GXPB GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 (DVI + DVI + HDTV/S-Video Outputs) Vga Card

I finally jumped from an AGP bus to PCI-E. I upgraded from a PNY 6800GS unlocked to GT spec's, while that card was great this card is unbelievable! I now play all my games at max resolution, everything set to high, ultra high etc. No lag, skips dropping frames etc. Some of the games I have played;

Call of Duty 4 everything maxed

Battle for Middle Earth 2, maxed
Crysis, high settings (no skips jumps or crashing)!
Medieval II Total war: Kingdoms expansion, all settings maxed
Oblivion, no problem what so ever.

Before my current upgraded system, I could never play games at max resolutions or ultra high settings, games have never looked or played so well. Its like a whole new gaming experiance, I find myself pulling older games out just to see how they look. (Far Cry, Pirates!, Rome Total war just to name a few).


If you have an older Geforce or Radeon. You cannot go wrong with a 9600GT for the performance and price. 

This card is just awesome for the price. It's super fast. It's ridiculously cheap. It runs cool. It doesn't require a lot of power. (I'm running it on a Dell with the stock 305 watt PSU) What else can you ask for? If you're looking for a graphics upgrade, and don't want to spend a fortune, then this card is a winner. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment